The Twin Cities Area
Minnesota is a great place to live. At YWAM Minneapolis, we are blessed to live on a beautiful property surrounded by woods, prairie and water. Yet, we are only 45 mintues from downtown.
Want to make a difference and touch people’s lives?
- You can affect the nations from here. Minnesota has the largest Somali, Hmong, Ormo Ethiopian, Liberian, Karen Burmese, and Anuak population in the US as well as the second largest Tibetian population.
- Come and make a difference: Minneapolis is ranked number 3 in the nation for human trafficking.
- The Philips Neighborhood in south Minneapolis is the most diverse neighborhood in the US with over 100 languages.
Passion for the Arts? Minneapolis is the place to be:
- Minneapolis is home to over 25 up and coming, as well as seasoned and world renowned dance companies, including Zenon, which is one of the nation’s premier repertory dance companies and Shapiro & Smith Dance, which was founded in New York, but moved to Minneapolis because of the vibrant arts community here and many more focusing on modern, ballet, hip-hop, contemporary, jazz, tap, folk, African and ballroom!
- The Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul) is home to an internationally known arts community and is second only to New York City in live theater per capita and is the third-largest theater market in the U.S. after New York and Chicago.
- Minneapolis is home to Open Book, the largest literary and book arts center in the U.S. The center exhibits and offers programs focusing on arts and the written and spoken word.
Love the outdoors?
- Minneapolis has it all. You can canoe, swim, climb, ski, snowboard, bike, walk, hike backpack, rollerblade, horseback ride, skateboard, and even slackline.
- Minnesota has more coast line and shores than Hawaii, California and Florida combined. 12,292 lakes, 93,000 miles of rivers and streams and the largest freshwater lake in the world.
- The Minneapolis park system has been called the best-designed, best-financed, and best-maintained in America. – bike, walk, paddles,
Want to have fun?
- Where else can you ride a rollercoaster, shop at over 520+ stores, eat at one of 50+ restaurants, visit an aquarium, take in a movie or an ESL class? ….the Mall of America - the largest indoor mall in the United States.
- Over 3000 coffee/tea shops where you can relax and enjoy conversation with your friends, a good book, or music during open mic nights.
- Entertain your tastebuds….With the Somali Mall, Hmong Market, Global Market and “Eat Street” right here, you can experience anything from camel to egg rolls to tiramisu.